NEW YORK – February 23, 2016 – Viamedia, the television industry’s largest independent cable TV ad management company, today announced the results of a new nation-wide survey gauging perceptions of local cable TV advertisers to assess emerging media trends for 2016. Of special note, 85% of all advertisers confirmed their latest local cable TV ad campaign provided an excellent return on their investment.
The survey also revealed:
- Nearly three-quarters of advertisers (71%) use online advertising as a way to complement their local TV ad buys
- Half of the participants (50%) have implemented mobile advertising to complement their local cable TV ad buys, while nearly one-third (30%) are considering including mobile advertising in 2016
- 67% of advertisers plan to increase or maintain their local cable TV ad spend this year
- The majority (61%) advertise on local cable TV on a weekly or monthly basis, and 80% of respondents advertised on local cable TV within the past 3 months
- More than half of advertisers (53%) are able to quantify their advertising results on local cable TV
- 64% of advertisers have never cancelled a local cable TV spot; the most common reason for cancelling a spot is budget cuts
- 39% of advertisers believe that local cable TV is very and/or significantly important for their plans over the next 12 months, while another 33% feel that local cable TV holds the same level of importance as the year before
- Of the advertisers surveyed, 46% were from companies with 1 – 10 employees; 19% were from companies with 11 – 25 employees; 9% had 25 – 50 employees; 23% had more than 50 employees and 3% did not disclose
“While there’s no substitute for local cable TV advertising, our findings suggest a steady shift toward the inclusion of digital and mobile in ad buys,” said Becky Jones, SVP Marketing & Research, Viamedia. “The advertising landscape is changing and our survey has helped us paint the big picture, providing us with insights into the diversifying mix of TV and digital ad spending.
The survey was conducted online by Viamedia from December 13, 2015 to January 22, 2016 polling advertisers spanning 37 states. Participating respondents are our current or former advertising customers of Viamedia, consisting of brands and agencies across a broad range of industries including healthcare, automotive and legal.
Headquartered in New York City, Viamedia is the largest independent cable TV ad management company for local, regional and national advertising, programmatic and ad tech solutions, responsible for nearly one million spots per day on behalf of over 7,000 advertisers. The company specializes in selling advertising on behalf of 60 U.S. cable and telecommunications service providers, utility companies and municipalities, and employs over 350 people across the country. The company also operates placemedia, a programmatic data-driven platform, representing over 30 billion advertising impressions monthly across 210 DMAs on nearly 100 TV networks. For more information, please visit www.viamediatv.com and www.placemedia.com.