Information Collection and Use
When Viamedia provides services, we may collect the following types of information:
- When you register with Viamedia for a Viamedia account or other Viamedia service or promotion requiring registration, we will ask you for personal information like your name, email address, and mailing address, telephone number, contact persons and business history. For certain services, such as our advertising programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We also collect personal information during transactions, sponsored events, mobile marketing campaigns, and contests/sweepstakes.
- When you send email or other communication to Viamedia, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- When you use Viamedia services, our servers automatically record information that your computer and browser sends whenever you visit a website, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, Viamedia cookie information, software and hardware attributes, web request, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request.
- Some of our services are offered in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to Viamedia in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Viamedia may, on occasion, contain links to other sites with information gathering practices different from our own. You should consult privacy policies for all other sites because Viamedia has no control over information submitted to or collected by such third parties.
- We do not knowingly allow anyone under 13 to provide us any personally identifying information. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else.
Viamedia uses information we collect to customize the advertising and content you see; to fulfill your requests for services; for audit, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services; to contact you; and to develop new services. Viamedia processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. We may process personal information to provide our own services and we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, like our advertising partners.
When you register with Viamedia for services that require registration, we ask you to provide personal information. You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services; however, Viamedia may not be able to provide those services to you.
If we would like to use your personal information in a way that differs from this policy, we will first ask for your consent. Whenever we would like to use your personal information in a way that differs from this policy, we will provide you with a way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes.
Viamedia does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other individuals or companies except under the following circumstances:
- We share your information when we have your consent.
- We share your information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require these persons, companies and businesses to process this information based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share your information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action concerning illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violation of Viamedia’s terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information. This does not identify you individually.
We limit access to your personal information to Viamedia employees, contractors and agents who need to know the information in order to provide our services to you.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data, including internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal information. You may access the information by contacting us by email at email@example.com or writing to us at Customer Service, Viamedia Inc., 220 Lexington Green Circle, Suite 300, Lexington, Kentucky 40503.
In addition, we offer you the ability to correct any inaccuracies in your contact information by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Customer Service, Viamedia Inc., 220 Lexington Green Circle, Suite 300, Lexington, Kentucky 40503.
Questions and Concerns
Please direct any questions and concerns regarding this policy by contacting us through this web site, by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at Viamedia Inc., 220 Lexington Green Circle, Suite 300, Lexington, Kentucky 40503.