Jackson Energy Authority was born from a heritage of service that started in the late 19th century when electric power, manufactured gas, and a public water and wastewater system were first provided in Jackson. JEA was created in 1959 under its former name of Jackson Utility Division when the three separate utilities — natural gas, electricity, and water/ wastewater — came under one umbrella with a private act of the Tennessee Legislature.
In 2001, at our request, the Tennessee Legislature approved another private act that modernized Jackson Utility Division’s corporate structure. At that point, we changed our name to the Jackson Energy Authority.
Our customers benefit from the economy and convenience one utility company brings them.
We’ve grown through the years to meet the needs of the community. Besides our administrative office at 119 E. College St. and our new customer service center in the columns area on Pleasant Plains Extended, Jackson Energy Authority has operation and distribution centers, treatment plants, substations, pumping stations and other facilities located throughout the Jackson area.
For More Information Visit:
< Return to List